Students of First Route Driving School are required to write out their thoughts, essay style on driving-related issues. W.C. Burgess Insurance is proud to present the second of a two-part series from a young driver and his views on impaired and distracted driving.
Category Archives: Auto Insurance
Are you the primary caregiver for a person in need of care? What would happen if you were injured in a car accident and were not able to care for that person? How can the benefits on your car insurance help out?
Do you want to save money on car insurance? Other than shopping around for the best rate, you may want to try Intact’s “my Driving Discount”. Learn more on how this blogger has.
Transport Canada, the Automobile Protection Agency (APA) and the Rubber Association of Canada (RAC), have created a series of videos on the importance of winter tires.
This final video summarizes the importance of winter tires:
– Even at slower speeds, winter tires provide more control when braking and corner negotiation.
– Winter tires provide that extra margin of safety that is needed.
– The importance of four winter tires on any kind of vehicle.
– The need for balance all four positions on a vehicle.
Remember, if you do install winter tires on your vehicle, please contact the office as you may be eligible for the Winter Tire Discount.
Here are a few things insurance companies are advising to qualify for the Winter Tire Discount. Please note this varies from company to company:
1. All four wheels are to have winter tires.
2. At the present moment, only winter tires qualify. Not all weather and all season. If the tires you have are on all year, they are not considered winter tires.
You would not typically keep your winter tires on all year as this reduces the life of your winter tires and they are not meant for the temperatures that occur in the summer season, along with poor fuel economy.
3. True winter tires will have the mountain snowflake pictograph.
4. The tires themselves must not be older than six years. You will be asked when they were installed and/or purchased.
5. Retain your purchase and installation receipts.
6. The tires should be installed in November and remain on the vehicle until March/April, again depending on the requirements of the insurance company.
7. The discount varies, from 1-5%.
Feel free to contact the office to discuss whether your vehicle qualifies for the Winter Tire Discount.